Sunday, October 4, 2015

Five Random Cubs Cards

I've got 13,825 Cubs cards from 105 different brands listed on a spreadsheet. A random number generator picked five cards, one each from the past several decades.


1900s - 1970s: 1975 Topps #352 Darold Knowles  A brutal airbrush job transforms Knowles from the A's to the Cubs.  He was part of the trade that sent Billy Williams to Oakland.


1980s: 1985 Team Issued Rick Sutcliffe  Sutcliffe was going off of his dominant 1984 season, when he went 16-1 after coming to the Cubs in June from the Indians.  His '84 season was the most dominant I've seen from a Cubs pitcher until Jake Arrieta this year.  Sutcliffe was good in the post season too....and I hope Arrieta can continue his hot streak in the post season.


1990s: 1994 Yoo-Hoo #14 Ryne Sandberg  Boo Hoo for logo-less cards!


2000s: 2004 Greats of the Game Forever Cubs #14 Ryne Sandberg  More Ryno!


2010s: 2015 Heritage High Numbers #549 David Ross  I think this is the first time that the RNG picked a card that I showed in another post in the past week.  David Ross' card is getting more hits than David Ross.  But the Cubs didn't sign him for his bat.

1 comment:

  1. Logo-less cards might be a tad boring; but, I wish there were more food-based oddballs like those Yoohoo pieces! Of course, my diet is grateful that there aren't.

    ReplyDelete