Thursday, April 29, 2021

Looking Ahead to Heritage 2022

 I like to have a post that looks ahead to the next year once I finish showing all the current Heritage cards.  That's what I've got for today.

Topps went back to a very conservative design in 1973 after the funkadelic 1972 look.  I clearly remember my 11-year-old self being very happy that they did.  I probably bought twice as many cards in 1973 compared to the previous year.


The name, team, and position are all pretty basic.  The picture that goes along with the position changes for each position.  Topps also even went to the trouble of making both a right-handed and left-handed pitcher.


Here's my rendition of a 2022 Heritage card.  I hope I got the design correct and I hope the player I featured is still with the Cubs in 2022!

5 comments:

  1. The design is great. The wondering as to which current Cubs will make the set as Cubs players is not so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid, I thought '73 Topps was boring. 2022 Heritage is going to be boring unless they do the wacky things with photos that '73 Topps did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about 73 Topps is the weird photos, but the second best is the backs. I am not a fan of vertically oriented backs at all, but I make an exception for 73 Topps. The black and yellow combo on the backs made for the most readable flagship card backs of all time. Compare that with the better front design of 75 Topps, but the nearly unreadable red/green backs. That why I have always preferred 73. I would probably rate it as my 3rd favorite set of the 70s behind 77 and 74.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought (and still think) 1973 Topps is so boring, dull and bland. That's why I did not obtain nearly as much '73 as I did '72. And that's why I'm not excited for 2022 Heritage. What I am excited for is 2024 Heritage.

    ReplyDelete