Monday, April 26, 2021

Merrick Mint Colorized Cubs Cards

On Saturday I showed all of the colorized Cubs quarters from Merrick.  They came from two different sets.  In addition to the coins, in both sets you also got cards.  Today I'll show the cards from the first set. 

The coins and cards came in a pack like this.  There were six Cubs on the checklist and thus far I've been able to find five of the six cards.

 

 


The cards aren't too bad looking, other than that goofy look on Greg Maddux's face.  You can see the Players Association logo in the upper left hand corner.  You can also tell that Merrick didn't have an MLB license.  The hatless and tightly cropped pictures mean no photoshopping was necessary.


I'm missing one card, Nomar Garciaparra.  I borrowed the card from the TCDB so you can see what it looks like.  Let me know if you ever find one!

2 comments:

  1. I picked up a box of these at a show back in 2017. Figured it'd be a nice rainy day box break. Never got around to opening it up, but when I do... I'll try to remember to look for the Nomar for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, thanks and I hope you pull Nomar!

    ReplyDelete