Thursday, August 4, 2022

2022 Select Finished!

 It took longer that I thought it should, but I've finally got 2022 Select wrapped up.  


I have no idea why it was so tough to get a card of Frank Schwindel.  It comes from the last subset in Select, the scarcest of the three.  But really, it's Frank Schwindel.  There isn't a copy available at Sportlots, COMC, or the Beckett Marketplace.  

Mine is the only single listed on eBay over the past three weeks.  I was the lone bidder so its not like there is a swarm of Schwindel collectors out there.

Here's how desperate I was getting - I bought into a group break of two cases of Select.  It was just a couple of bucks and I would get any Schwindel cards pulled.  None were.  I then tried a second group break but was outbid.  I'm happy I didn't have to pay much when I finally won the auction..

All this for a lousy, no logo card of Frank Schwindel.

1 comment: