Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Past Two Weeks

 I mentioned yesterday that I was away from home the past two weeks.  Allow me to elaborate.

Mrs. WW and I spent the time away at Camp Arcadia, a Lutheran camp in northern Michigan along the shore of Lake Michigan.  We weren't there as guests, but as workers.  The camp needed end-of-season staff as their summer college crew has gone back to school.  We were looking for something to do and I was also looking to get away from home for a while (me, the retired principal wanted to be away from the school as the year got under way - the new guy needed to establish himself without me around).  

We answered the camps call for help and spent two long and tiring, but also rewarding weeks.  Mrs. WW worked in the kitchen while I was on the housekeeping team.  I cleaned more toilets than I can count, swept sand away from floors, did many loads of towels, and became the king of folding fitted sheets..  We worked from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. six days a week, but there were some breaks during the day to catch our breath.  

After work we got to enjoy the beauty of the camp and the sunsets.

Even though the camp is in northern Michigan, I did find a nice Cubs connection.

This is the camp's softball field.  Check out the scoreboard.

It looks like they borrowed the design from the Wrigley Field marquee.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos on both ends. Hope you continue to enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete