Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Big Brother's Autograph

Way back in the very early days of Wrigley Wax, I had a post on the Reuschel brothers.  They are the only brothers in MLB history to combine on a shutout.

I've already got several autographs of little brother Rick.





After all, he was the star in the family.

As I'm adding autographs to my collection, I figured it was time to include the big brother's autograph....and no smarmy comments about them both being "big" brothers!

Here's what I got...


...a signed 1977 Topps card of Paul Reuschel.  Paul spent 3 1/2 years with the Cubs, working almost exclusively out of the bullpen.  He was a middle innings guy or the mop up man (Bruce Sutter was the go-to guy).  His record was 12-11 with a 4.51 ERA.  That's a pretty high ERA for a pitcher in the '70s.

He wasn't very flashy, and his numbers aren't the greatest, but he, along with little brother Rick, get to claim something that no one else in the 136 years of MLB baseball can.

No comments:

Post a Comment