Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top TEN Wrigley Field Moments

Last summer I had a couple posts about the Wrigley Field Top Ten Moments sets that the Cubs gave away in 1999.

Eventually I acquired nine of the ten cards. Having the Top NINE Moments is not acceptable.  I don't like holes in my collection, and I've been searching in vain for the missing tenth, the Ryne Sandberg game card.  For six months, my search has come up empty.  I decided I would have to take a different route...instead of looking for the single card, why not look for the entire set.

And then it was easy.  A couple sets popped up at a fairly reasonable prices, and the hole is now filled.


Here is the missing Sandberg card, and below in chronological order...

 

 

 
  
 

 

are all TEN of the Top Ten Wrigley Field Moments.

4 comments:

  1. Nice set! Are the backs any good? I'm guessing a blurb about the event featured and more sponsor ads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool cards! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listed a sealed set on ebay today

    ReplyDelete