Saturday, February 28, 2015

Recapping Finest

Yesterday I wrapped my look at Finest.

One of Topps' first premium brands, it has been around since 1993.  The set has varied in size but lately has come in around the 100 card mark.

As far as the Cubs go, here are a few facts:
Total number of Cubs cards: 149
Most Cubs in a set: 1994 - 16 cards
Fewest Cubs in a set: 2012 and 2014 - just one card
Most popular Cub: Sammy Sosa has 19 cards

I've put together a tile of all 149 Cubs.  One thing I didn't notice about Finest until I put the tile together is that all of the cards have a vertical orientation.  There isn't a single card going sideways.  Personally, I like that.  I've always preferred vertical cards -- they fit better in your hand to look through when they are vertical.


No comments:

Post a Comment