Monday, May 24, 2021

Card That Accurately Portraits a Player: Javier Baez

 I've got 254 cards of Javier Baez.  I went through them, looking for the card that most accurately portraits him.

When I think of Baez, several things come to mind:

  • he swings really hard
  • he strikes out alot
  • he is amazingly quick with his glove on tag plays
  • he is very creative when sliding to avoid a tag.
I was really hoping for a card that showed him making or avoiding a tag.  But those acts are better seen on video.  Its hard to capture the moment with a single shot.  That left me searching for a swing card. 

There were several to choose from and here's the one I came up with.


Its from the 2020 Archives set.  That is one huge swing.  I'd like to think that he didn't strike out, but at least made contact.  His eyes seem to be looking at the ball.

The picture comes from a game on June 15, 2019 at Dodger Stadium.  The game started at 6:10 p.m.  It looks like there's still lots of daylight, so I'm figuring this was his at bat in the second inning when he flew out to deep right field.

2 comments: