Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Complete a Set by Breaking Up a Lot

 I did it again!

Last week I wrote about how I obtained a rare Red Barn disc by asking an Ebay seller to break up a lot and sell me an individual disc.

About the time I wrote the post I found another lot of rare discs.  This time they were 1977 Saga discs.  There are two Cubs in the set and I picked up one, Bobby Murcer, last summer.  The other Cub disc belongs to Jose Cardenal.  The lot I found had nearly 50 Saga discs and one of them was the Cardenal.  

I messaged the seller and explained that I collected Cubs.  He was quick to respond with a yes to selling me just the Jose.  The disc was shipped just as quickly and I now have it.


I now have 117 of the 134 Cubs MSA discs.  Slowly but surely I'm knocking off the missing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I wouldn't think to do that. Though usually I see stuff like this individually and want them to put 'em together in a starter lot...

    ReplyDelete