Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Missing MSA Discs

 I mentioned yesterday that I'm missing 17 of the 134 MSA Cubs discs.  Today I'll show you what I'm looking for:

1976 Blank, Carousel, Crane, and Red Barn Andy Thornton  These are especially difficult since Thornton has discs showing him with both the Cubs and Expos.

1976 Carousel Jose Cardenal, Bill Madlock, and Jerry Morales  I have just one of the five Carousel Cubs.  It is my worst percentage of any of the MSA sets.

1976 Red Barn Bill Madlock  In addition to possibly needing a Thornton, I need to get Bill Madlock to finish off this set.

1981 FBI Dave Kingman and 1982 FBI Steve Henderson  These two are the most rare and most expensive of all the discs I'm missing.  A complete panel with the Henderson disc (and Rod Carew) was recently listed on Ebay with a starting bid of $79.  There's another panel with a BIN of $140.  I'm not paying that much for Steve Henderson

1981 MSA Sample Bill Buckner  This is another very rare item. There are plenty of blank backs out there, but not many with the MSA sample printing on the back

1985 Jox Thom McAn Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe.  A Sutcliffe disc was recently listed. You all need to stay away!

1985 Subway Blank Back Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe  

1989 Key Food Andre Dawson  There are five different versions of the 1989 discs, and I need just one, Key Food.

1990 Super Stars Ryne Sandberg  I've got the square version but not the disc.  I may have to be content with the square.

Please let me know if you ever sees any of these listed anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. I have six of the 1990 Tetley Ryne Sandberg discs but only one of the Super Stars discs. I haven't kept track to see if the Tetley is more common than the Super Stars.

    ReplyDelete