Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Collection Goals

After looking back yesterday, it's time to look ahead today.  It's been about seven years since I returned to the hobby and I've kinda settled into a routine.  My goals are becoming fairly consistent from year to year.  So far that hasn't gotten me bored, so I will plow ahead with mostly the same objectives.


GOAL #1: Add my usual Cubs team sets as they are released: Topps flagship, Heritage, Opening Day, Factory Team set, Bowman, Allen and Ginter, Chrome, Gypsy Queen, and Update.  If Topps adds anything that is new, interesting, and affordable, I'll probably go after it.

GOAL #2: Add the complete sets of the flagship, update, and Allen and Ginter.  I've got a flagship run starting with 1969 and the complete run of Traded / Update and Allen and Ginter.  I see no reason to stop.

GOAL #3: Add any autograph and relic cards for Cubs players that haven't previously had one.  I'm done with players from previous seasons, so now its just a matter of adding new guys as cards are issued.

GOAL #4: Continue adding to the player collections.  This year I'd like to go back and fill in some Barney holes.  I know that there are several parallels that I need so I'll try to get those.  I won't be buying and 2015 Barney cards, so I figure that what I don't have to spend on 2015 cards can be used for the older ones.

GOAL #5: Add odd-ball sets. I plan to keep up my daily search of ebay for these.  I've got my eye on Upper Deck Ovation to start things off.

GOAL #6: Write something about the collection every day.

GOAL #7:  Enjoy working on goals 1-6. I'm in trouble when I can't meet this goal.

2 comments:

  1. A. Goal #7 is one that both of us share.
    B. I love your binder setup. If I have decide to have a second goal, it probably will have something to do with organizing my collection.
    C. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great set of goals for the coming year

    ReplyDelete