Thursday, January 1, 2015

State of the Collection: Looking Back at 2014


Happy New Year!  Welcome to 2015, the year of the World Champion Chicago Cubs!

As I've done each January 1, I'm going to go back and review my 2014 collection goals.


GOAL #1: Add my usual Cubs team sets as they are released: Topps flagship, Heritage, Opening Day, Factory Team set, Bowman, Allen and Ginter, Chrome, Gypsy Queen, and Update.  All accomplished...Grade: A+

GOAL #2: Add the complete sets of the flagship, update, and Allen and Ginter.   All accomplished...Grade: A+

GOAL #3: Add any autograph and relic cards for Cubs players that haven't previously had one.  All accomplished...Grade: A+  This is one I plan to keep up with, too.  I am dreading the cost of a Kris Bryant autograph card, though.

GOAL #4: Continue adding to the player collections.  I'm really going to try harder this year to increase the Sandberg collection.  The Billy and Barney collections grew over the year, but I didn't do much with Ryno.  I do have 677 different Sandberg cards, but most of those are in the team sets.  Grade: B

GOAL #5: Add odd-ball sets. I plan to keep up my daily search of ebay for these.  Up first is going to be Starting Line Up.  Starting Lineup was finished, along with 10-12 other sets and the Topps inserts.  Grade: A

GOAL #6: Enjoy working on goals 1-5. I'm in trouble when I can't meet this goal.  Still enjoying the collecting and the blogging! Grade: A

Overall, 2014 was a good year for the collection as it continues to grow.  Here's hoping that 2015 will be just as successful for me and the Cubs!

2 comments:

  1. Hold still for the pie in face. Overachiever! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 A's and a B! You totally made the Hobby Honor Roll. Congratulations. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete