Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tile Tuesday: Pinnacle

When I got back into collecting in 2008, I put together Cubs team sets from Topps, Fleer, Donruss, and Heritage.  Then I wanted to add more.  This post, from the very early days of WW, tells of my next conquests.  One of those sets was Pinnacle.


Pinnacle was a brand I knew absolutely about. At the time, the #1 name in baseball card blogging was Mario from Wax Heaven.  He would often talk about Pinnacle and how it was his favorite brand.  That was the main reason I made Pinnacle one of the next three sets to chase.

Pinnacle baseball cards were released from 1992 - 1998.  There are a total of 111 Cubs cards.  And I must confess, that after getting the cards, I didn't understand what all the fuss was about.  Maybe its a generational thing, but Pinnacle didn't wow me.  They're not bad cards, but I didn't see them as the end-all-be-all like Mario.

Was I missing something with Pinnacle?

Anyway, here are the 111 Cubs Pinnacle cards.

1 comment:

  1. 92 Pinnacle is one of my all time favorite sets. Much love for the Pinnacle brand.

    ReplyDelete