Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Collection Growth During 2020

 I like to take some time at the start of each year to check out the growth of my collection.  I mention the number of Cubs cards and brands each Sunday in my Five Random Cubs Card posts, so that gives me a weekly update.  I use those numbers and put them on a chart to show the changes each quarter.


The number of Cubs cards shows a pretty steady increase each year.  I don't do it on purpose, but the gains are pretty consistent, especially since 2011.  In 2020 I added an additional 1355 cards.  


The brands have jumped up a couple of times recently.  In 2018 I added a bunch of retail brands from the 1980s and 1990s.  That didn't add a bunch of cards since many of the sets have just a few cards each, but it really goosed the number of brands. The same thing happened in the early part of 2020 as I picked up a bunch of the MSA sets.  My set total in 2020 jumped from 207 to 276.

No comments:

Post a Comment